Aside to Iceberg, Massimo's requires clause, which includes the
IS_NULL_OR() condition, has made it possible for me eliminate all my
db.table.field.readable=db.table.field.writable=False statements and
still get the forms to get through to the validation stage. As for
whether they will validate correctly and store correctly is yet to be
seen. I haven't been able to get that far, yet, but I'm on it right
now.