On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Yarko Tymciurak <yark...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Noynoy <lowiew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a newbie on web application development.
>> I want to create a website using web2py where I will upload a file
>> which contains integer measurements and the web application will
>> perform some statistical operations.
>>
>> I have read the documentation but still feel at a lost as to how to
>> start with my project.
>>

> prototype - suggest you start by establishing the basic data you want;
> You can create the table definitions in the admin interface, and then load
> them with some test data from csv files in the admin interface.
>
> Then add controllers to do some sample statistical operations, and show
> those operations in the default views.
>
> Then you can add input pages (for data input), and output formatting (e.g.
> graphs, etc.).
>
> Repeat until you have all that you want! ;-)
>

>> Can someone point me to the right direction?
>>
>> If there are sample codes on how to upload and read csv file using
>> web2py, it will be very much appreciated.

csv export an import is rather trivial -

When you create your own "new" application, it uses the "welcome" app as a
boilerplate (makes a copy);

If you look in your apps  controllers/appadmin.py file at  csv() (for
exporting a table) or import_csv(), you will see what you need to do.

Regards,
- Yarko