Hello,

I find that for servers like lighttpd or cherokee, there is a line
which handles the 404 error and passes it to the fcgihandler.

Unless this is specified, web2py does not work.

Can anybody please explain, why do we get this 404 error if the
webserver speaks to the same unix socket to which the web2py script is
talking to  ? and is this an optimal solution or just a hack to catch
an error and pass it on to another handler ?

thanks
Arvind