I am writing a full tutorial on how to setup web2py on shared hosting
accounts and I have this problem (Massimo suggested some solutions -
based on routes.py but I could find a solution).

I've posted the question and on the stackoverflow (http://
stackoverflow.com/questions/1454384/htaccess-transparently-adding-a-
name-to-the-request).

The one page that describes what I want to do is here:
http://jdoe.asidev.com/2009/04/17/web2py-behind-apache-with-mod_wsgi-part-ii-mod_rewrite-rules/

but I've followed the solutions and didn't work.

So, does anybody know a .htaccess solution or a routes.py?
Which is better?

PS: Does routes_in accepts domain names? I tried a little hack but
didn't work