You should look for admin on 127.0.0.1:8001
You have configured it this way.

;)

On Sep 22, 2009 6:19 PM, "MikeEllis" <michael.f.el...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm seeing more or less the same problem but I haven't managed to get
the 2-process solution to work yet.  I'm trying to use the
recommendation in version 2 of the manual:

""" An easy way to setup a secure production environment on a server
is to first stop web2py and then remove all the parameters *.py files
from the web2py installation folder. Then start web2py without a
password. This will completely disable admin and appadmin. """

So I started web2py with the following command line on my (remote)
webserver:
python2.5 web2py.py -i my_server_ip  -p 8000 -a "" &

So far so good.  It started and gave the "no password, no admin
interface" message.

Then I followed the second part of the recipe:

"""Next, start a second Python instance accessible only from
localhost:"""
nohup python2.5 -p 8001 -i 127.0.0.1 -a '<ask>' &

Second instance started with no complaints, but trying to reach the
server from my laptop, e.g.

http://my_server_ip:8000/init

gives the "Admin is disabled because of insecure channel' ticket.  Any
idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

On Jul 26, 1:09 pm, Randell <josephrandell.benavi...@gmail.com> wrote: > On