I am interested in the way we can convert GAE sample web apps to
web2py, in particular the xmpp tutorial :
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/using_xmpp.html

Seems straight forward to import the modules etc.

How should the following be ported to web2py to handle the xmpp stuff?
def main():
  app = webapp.WSGIApplication([
      ('/', LatestHandler),
      ('/_ah/xmpp/message/chat/', XmppHandler),
      ], debug=True)
  wsgiref.handlers.CGIHandler().run(app)

the tutorial states the following:

" There's one last thing we need to do to get this all working, of
course - hook it up to the serving infrastructure so it can serve
requests. Fortunately, a CommandHandler is a standard webapp
RequestHandler subclass, so we can set it up as we would any other
handler. Modify the lines where the application variable is defined to
read like this:

application = webapp.WSGIApplication([
    ('/_ah/xmpp/message/chat/', XmppHandler)], debug=True)

The URL path here - /_ah/xmpp/message/chat - is a 'reserved' one that
all XMPP messages get sent to. "

any pointers to get me started.
regards
chrism