I think switching from AF_UNSPEC to AF_INET helped in that after
attempting several page requests I haven't received any errors yet.
Unfortunately though, I've still got some problems. Every few page
requests, the application seems to just hang. The browser will spend
up to a minute just waiting for my site to respond and return the
requested page. The admin area is also extremely slow.

Is there anything else I could do to resolve this? I have deadline on
this site and its not even any half way finished. Thanks.