Hi

On 9月28日, 午後6:40, encompass <encomp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure if this one should be done unless you know what your doing.
> ---sudo apt-get dist-upgrade---
> If I did it, it would ruin everything I have done.

thanks for caution, Jason.
if you are customizing the packages installed from Ubuntu
repositories, it will upgrade them, yes.
if the software you use depends on versions of some software installed
from the repositories, .it may have consequences.
if not sure, you can add an option --no-act to see what it's going to
do before upgrading.
perhaps, sudo apt-get upgrade is more popular, but dist-upgrade is
said to be  a bit smarter.
it's not upgrading what you haven't installed of course.

in any case, the command is not going to ruin web2py or any of its
applications you have or make under the applications directory.

more info is available on apt-get. e.g.
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Using_Apt
man apt-get
is available on terminal always for manual of course.

> Regards,
> Jason Brower

Best,
Teru