Hi,

I feel like my other thread got high jacked somehow and I didn't get
further understanding on how to proceed.
So here my question to shed some light for me:

coming from a form (view) with an "all user listing" the user_id of a
selected entry gets caught in the controller function "edit_user"
which is responsible to create a form for the user who's id was
selected with all his data from the tables named "users" and
"address".

As Massimo said SQLFORM.factory would be the best choice in the case
one need to create a form mixed from two taboles, but is it possible
to pre-populated the form with the "user" and "address" records data
from the two tables corresponding to the user_id ?

How would you solve the problem ?

best
Stefan