Also webfaction don't register domains! For me this isn't an issue,
because if you register your domain using a domain provider  you can
change your server at any time without worries! I host all my .com
and .net domains at godaddy and all .it domains at an italian hosting
provider.  Slicehost is really fast I've also tried to log in but for
now I don't understand what's the purpose
of your site..  My fault...:-)