Sure,

Just install plain t4 with no DB in a folder called "test", create the admin user, login, then edit the "main" page, and replace it with some text like: "Júlio"

After you save the page you can never edit it again, unless you go to the database console and delete that page version. The traceback I get is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gluon/restricted.py", line 184, in restricted
    exec ccode in environment
  File "/var/local/web2py/applications/test/controllers/default.py", line 76, in <module>
  File "gluon/globals.py", line 103, in <lambda>
    self._caller = lambda f: f()
  File "gluon/tools.py", line 1403, in f
    return action(*a, **b)
  File "/var/local/web2py/applications/test/controllers/default.py", line 41, in logs
    pages = db(db.t_page.name==page_name).select(orderby=~db.t_page.saved_on)
  File "gluon/sql.py", line 2859, in select
    rows = response(query)
  File "gluon/sql.py", line 2854, in response
    db._execute(query)
  File "gluon/sql.py", line 835, in <lambda>
    self._execute = lambda *a, **b: self._cursor.execute(*a, **b)
OperationalError: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'body' with text 'Júlio'

Thanks!
Monteiro

mdipierro wrote:
Can you tell me how to reproduce the problem?