Thanks for the suggestions.

I do like replacing the SQLFORM widgets because now it allows me to replace
them with some of Freeze's widgets :)

Now I can have input boxes that look themed along side my jquery ui css.

jqueryui_content = "ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all"
class UIStringWidget(StringWidget):
    @staticmethod
    def widget(field, value, **attributes):
        return StringWidget.widget(field, value, _class=jqueryui_content,
**attributes)

SQLFORM.widgets.string = UIStringWidget

-Thadeus