Thanks for the reply Massimo,

The main reason I've used CouchDB to date was that it was the first of this
class of databases that I stumbled upon.  I've found it extremely powerful
and a good fit for what I was doing, but it may be that others such as
MongoDB are as good or better - I simply found something that worked for me
and stuck with it, without bothering to investigate other options.

Regards

Dave M.