Ok, that makes sense, that's how I ended up doing it. I was just
wondering if there was a short form, like with the list of strings (as
opposed to a list of OPTION objects), but with tuples.

Oh! One other question. Is there a way (or would you accept a patch)
to specify which value you want selected, when creating a SELECT
helper? There's a 'value=' parameter to the constructor, but that
seems to refer to the contents of the option, not its value (so, you
can do value='one' but not value='1', from the example below).