I use lxml when available because of the speed, more robust HTML
parsing than BeautifulSoup, and better XPath support than ElementTree.
(The latest development snapshot of ElementTree improves the XPath
support.)
When lxml is not available I use ElementSoup (http://effbot.org/zone/
element-soup.htm) because I prefer using the ElementTree interface.

Richard