The reason is he had a outsourced designer make all of the stylesheets. He
would have to either rewrite those stylesheets to accommodate web2py, or
change web2py to accommodate those spreadsheets. From the sound of it, there
are tons of form spreadsheets and would be quite tedious to alter them.

This is where having the ability to customize css attributes during form
creation would be "nice".

-Thadeus