The limited support for postgresql types has bitten me.  I am busy
working on a very important project and after a lot of failures to
import a csv file into a table I discovered at least one of the
problems was that web2py created the table with a type: 'character
varying (512)'  and some of the date was too long for the fields.  I
cannot predict the length of each field and don't want to make every
field 'text'.

Is there a way that I can convince web2py to change the behaviour in
this respect e.g. creating a posgresql field with 'varchar' in stead
of using the 512 limitation?

Also, is there way to make use of the rich number of types available
in postgresq e.g. something like 'inet'  for ip-addresses?

Regards
Johann