When I access my web2py application at:
https://admin.domain.com/welcome/default/index
and navigate to the administrative interface, I get the following
error:

admin disabled because unable to access password file

This is how I started web2py:

[...@webxxx ~]$ cd webapps/apachewsgi/web2py
[...@webxxx web2py]$ python2.5 web2py.py
web2py Enterprise Web Framework
Created by Massimo Di Pierro, Copyright 2007-2010
Version 1.74.4 (2009-12-23 10:12:11)
Database drivers available: SQLite3, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Starting cron...
choose a password:xxxxxxxx
please visit:
http://127.0.0.1:8000
use "kill -SIGTERM xxxxx" to shutdown the web2py server

I then opened a second terminal appliaction and did:

[...@webxxx ~]$ cd webapps/apachewsgi/web2py
[...@webxxx web2py]$ kill -SIGTERM xxxxx

According to the instructions in this post:

http://forum.webfaction.com/viewtopic.php?pid=8844#p8844

The password is stored in the file: 'parameters_NNNN.py'

That file, indeed, resides in the web2py folder: parameters_8000.py.
Why is web2py unable to access it then. Permissions are set to: -rw-rw-
r--.

Kind regards,

Annet.