I never got the global thing to work, there is another article
somewhere (cant remember maybe at slices) that tells of a different
option by using a conditional at the begining of your controllers. I
am using the following now:

if 0:
    from gluon.globals import *
    from gluon.html import *
    from gluon.http import *
    from gluon.html import TABLE
    from gluon.sqlhtml import SQLFORM, SQLTABLE, form_factory
    from gluon.languages import translator as T
    from applications.eibport.models import db, serials_labels,
mylink, sernr_access, user_id, serialnr_form, category_labels
    from gluon.tools import Auth as auth
    from gluon.tools import Crud as crud
    session = Session()
    request = Request()
    response = Response()

Still I need to keep adding things when I need them. So its kind of
ugly but it works. If anyone knows of a better solution, I'd love to
use it.

On the model I am using:
if 0:
    from gluon.sql import *
    from gluon.validators import *
    from gluon.globals import *
    from gluon.sqlhtml import SQLFORM
    from gluon.html import *
    from gluon.languages import translator as T
    from gluon.tools import Auth as auth
    request = Request()
    session = Session()

Happy New Year,