Hi sir,
Cron job function in my application is working only when there is no
validator for that function.

My function:
@auth.requires_permision('xyz')
def takebackup():

Is there a way to put a validator for that function because if there
is no validator, any one can run backup function.

This is the error I'm getting when there is a validator like
@auth.requires_permission('xyz')

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "web2py.py", line 20, in <module>
    gluon.widget.start(cron=True)
  File "/home/www-data/web2py/gluon/widget.py", line 743, in start
    import_models=options.import_models, startfile=options.run)
  File "/home/www-data/web2py/gluon/shell.py", line 163, in run
    exec ('print %s()' % f, _env)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/www-data/web2py/gluon/tools.py", line 1688, in f
    redirect(self.settings.login_url + '?_next='+urllib.quote(next))
  File "/home/www-data/web2py/gluon/http.py", line 104, in redirect
    Location=location)
gluon.http.HTTP