There are many GAE types that one may want to use. Today I needed
StringListProperty so I extended the web2py GAE apy so that you can
have a field of type

db.define_table('person',Field('names','.StringListProperty()'))

and you can do

db.person.insert(names=['Massimo','Max'])
db(db.person.names=='Massimo').select()

Basically you can put any native type as a web2py type just put it in
a string and start it with a '.'. You can also pass arguments this
way.

It is ugly but works.  It is ugly because I'd rather pass an object
than a string. It works because a type has to be a string. It is
experimental because when the new DAL comes this should be replaced by
a better API. This will not stay backward compatible.

Massimo