I played with it, and it looks like nothing will replace eric4 for me.
I have been using eric back in the 3 days for PyQt apps.
A lot of people poo poo eric because of not getting breakpoints to
work.
One can force a breakpoint every time by importing sys on the file and
inserting sys.breakpoint() where they want it to break.
Now every time you hit that spot it will break.
I'm going to look into adding exception catching to eric4 like wing
for web2py.