You can read about the bug and patch here:

http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/6d9e0e6eb7d0aa3/99817324626f6d0f?lnk=gst&q=errata

-tim

On 1/12/2010 8:52 AM, Iceberg wrote:
Hi pals,

When upgrading from web2py 1.73.1 (last svn version) to 1.74.5, I
encountered a malfunction of my old app. After some debug, I found out
that it is because web2py changes its behaviour when same name params
exist in both get_vars and post_vars. I don't know whether web2py 1.73
or 1.74 comply to HTTP RFC better, so I just write my observation
here.

My app happens to submit an "id=blah" via both GET and POST parameter,
so I will get:
     request.get_vars['id'] = '123' # for example
     request.post_vars['id'] = '123'
and in web2py 1.73.1, I do not need to care it is from GET or POST, I
just use:
     the_wanted_id = request.vars['id'] # it is '123'

But in web2py 1.74.x, or more precisely, since Revision: 24c5e2bef1
[1], same code about went wrong.
     not_the_wanted_id = request.vars['id'] # it is actually ['123',
'123']

I am not requesting to change the behaviour back to web2py 1.73 era,
but just hope to hear some comments about such subtle circumstance.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Iceberg

[1]: