In web2py we do not have the concept of a project. We have
applications. Each application is a subfolder under applications. With
other frameworks the concept of a project is needed because there is a
single place where the project is configured (such as database uri).
In the case of web2py there are no configuration files. Each app has
its own models and they connect to the databases they need to connect
to. Functionally you can say if two or more apps share the same DB,
they are project.

You can use routes.py (as Yarko suggested) or apache virtualhosts (or
both) to map URLs into the corresponding apps.

The only reasons to ever have two distinct web2py installation are:
1) if you need two different web2py versions. Because of backward
compatibility should never need it unless testing.
2) because you have different deployments (for example GAE
deployments) that you want to keep separate.

Massimo