On Jan 20, 11:15 pm, Johann Spies <johann.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The script inhttp://www.web2pyslices.com/main/slices/take_slice/29
> works well when web2py is in the server root.
>
> I want to install web2py on a server that already has a php-site.  I
> have tried and modify the apache configuration to one below (I tried
> it with and without the 'Alias' line but have no success).
>
> How do I do it?

You shouldn't be using the Alias directive outside of the VirtualHost.

As asked in the thread:

  http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_frm/thread/6ae2a411d79ade50

where similar question was asked, you need to indicate:

"""
What needs to control the root page of the web server, a PHP script
or
web2py?

Can the PHP stuff be placed under a common sub URL rather than .php
files sprinkled directly under '/'?

If web2py controls root page and PHP stuff under a common sub URL
then
is easy.

If .php is sprinkled in DocumentRoot and should take precedence over
web2py when such files exist, then a little bit tricker to configure,
but still possible.

The information you need is in:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationGuidelines

so long as you know what to look for and how to apply it. ;-)
"""