You could check the web server logs in web2py/httpserver.log or the
apache logs.

You could also implement your own download action:

db.define_table('mylog',Field('filename'),Field
('start','datetime'),Field('stop',datetime'))

def static():
    import datetime
    path = os.path.join(request.folder,'static','/'.join
(request.args))
    db.mylog(filename=path,start=datetime.datetime.now())
    return response.stream(open(path,'rb'))

I cannot think of an easy way to log the stop time.