In which language is your app written in (pl, en, it)?
Do you have a:

T.current_language=['en']
T.force(request.env.http_accept_language)

in your code? We did change the behavior of languages at some point
from no default to default to english (we had a long discussions about
this here). This means if your app is not in english but you do not
explicitly declare the language, web2py thinks it is english and will
not translate it.

Massimo