Entering panic mode!

You are correct about 1). There is a major bug in 1.74.8. One line in
tools.py appears to be missing. I must have accidentally while
applying the "remember me" patch.

I have fixed this in trunk. I have posted 1.74.9.

!!! EVERYONE PLEASE UPGRADE. THIS IS A MAJOR SECURITY ISSUE !!!

2) is not a problem. That is normal web2py behavior. It recycles the
sessions tokens. All auth variables are cleared at logout.

Massimo