I'd like to weigh in on these comments.

routes.py:
- It seems to me that Django routes are just as complicated:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/intro/overview/#design-your-urls
- Providing the routes.py outside of an app makes sense for web2py since
it directly maps app/controller/function to a url. This decision was
made to make things clear and understandable for new developers.

Chinese URLs:
- perhaps you could have written a patch?
- (more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalizing_Domain_Names_in_Applications)

Standalone Apps:
- sessions can "master" to another application to tie them together.
- I use routes to unify all my static content to one app location.

Slow Boot:
- How often do you restart web2py? It can work as a CGI but only as a
stop-gap measure. Any web-developer worth his salt would run a framework
in FCGI or WSGI mode.
- I don't really care for the import_all.py module either.

Errors:
- I think the error report leaves much to be desired but at present, I
think we're locked in because of backward compatibility.

"fighting with built-in module" <-- I'm not sure what you mean here.

Too "magic":
- web2py is designed to be simple. I think how web2py sets headers is
appropriate.
- I agree that it should set appropriate headers with regard to SSL and
static files and IE.

No unittests:
- Creating unittests requires a culture.
- the web2py doesn't seem to have that culture built into it (for better
or worse)
- While web2py should have unittests, web apps don't mix well with
unittests.
- Functional tests would be much more appropriate for a web app. Most
functional tests would run in the browser anyway (e.g. Qunit)

"DAL is bad than SQLAlchemy":
- This a subjective statement
- The DAL is not as well-tested or as widely-used as SQLAlchemy. But it
is good enough for the vast majority of web2py users.
- The DAL supports migration, SQLAlchemy does not.
- The DAL has a cleaner (IMHO) declaration syntax and an uglier query
syntax when compared to SQLAlchemy.

MVC is insulated:
- I'm not sure what you mean here.
- Yes they are all in the same namespace. How is this a problem?

It's a bummer to see you and your team go. We wish you the best.
-tim