http://code.google.com/r/thadeusburgess-web2py/source/detail?r=63967d6739efa4a3b60c909a82f981ca2f464028

Ok take a look at this now. I am happy with this. It only adds around
15kb added memory on my system, none if you have the check disabled.

I did move the keywords to a separate file. You were right in that it
would make dal.py much bigger than any of us would bear. It only
imports the tuples if you are using check_reserved.

The advantage, sql.py supports the checking too! :)

Here is how to use it. Note you will probably want to disable this for
production. Just set check_reserved=None (the default)

db = DAL('sqlite://mydb.db', check_reserved=['mssql', 'postgres'])

check_reserve -- list of adapters to check tablenames and column names
against sql reserved keywords
             Is a list containing the adapter names, all, or common.
(Default None)
             common -- List of sql keywords that are common to all
database types such as "SELECT, INSERT". (recommended)
             all -- Checks against all known SQL keywords. (not recommended)
             <adaptername> -- Checks against the specific adapters
list of keywords (recommended)
             <adaptername>_nonreserved -- Checks against the specific
adapters list of nonreserved keywords. (if available)

I have added mssql, and oracle.

I need

    'sqlite': SQLITE,
    'db2': DB2,