Another question

I would like a put a calendar on my website.

            {{include 'default/calendar.html'}}

I know how to generate a calendar in python with html but is not clear
to me if I need a controller and then I should pass the variables that
I need to the calendar.html view or
I have to put all the python code inside the calendar.html view like
in chapter 5 of the web2py book.

When people put http://mysite.com web2py should render the layout with
all the view modules that are inside the main layout file. If I need
to render, the current month, what I think is that I need a contoller
to get the current month, the days that month have and then pass all
that information to the view, in this case calendar.html. That view
will be rendered within the main layout.

I don't know how can I do that.
Thanks in advance