I have created a form using SQLForm. I am using a db query to select a
single row from a db table, and I want to make changes to it. However,
when I submit, some of the data disapears in the submit. This happens
to also prevent the form from submitting as that data that disapears
is very important.

Here is what I have:

DB table "company" with fields name and title
DB table "user" with fields name and title, and a foreign key of
company id

When I use SQLForm(db.user, session.currentUserID) and submit this
form, the company_id field is null, even though before I submitted the
field in the DB has a 2 in it.  Note that I have not actually
generated the field in a view. So I imagine that any field that is not
in the view is submitted as NULL. Is this a bug?  I believe any field
that you don't use in a view should just be re-submitted with the same
data that was in the field before. Whats going on here? Why does the
field go empty?

Is there a way to manually set a value to the field before it submits?