On Feb 26, 2010, at 8:52 AM, LBarret wrote:

> It depends on the browser.
>
> IE8, FF/Linux, FF/Windows do the checks (like if the email is a real
> email)
> Chrome/Linux, Chrome/Windows don't .
>
> I get the emails from FF & IE, not from chrome.
>
> I don't have any errors due to this behavior.

The checks are happening on the server side, of course.

If you redirect, you need to put your message in session.flash, not
response.flash.

Try putting a message in response.flash after the accepts section to give you
an indication of what's going on.

In the failing case, are you redirecting? It might help to see the rest of the
function.