You are right. We may need a community solution.

I could give root privileges to a couple of people on this list
although the problem is never with the server itself. We have had
problems with the DNS when we migrated and we have had problems with
the hosting provider. In all of these cases there was nothing I could
do and giving access to other people would not have solved the
problem.

Massimo