you can put something in /Library/StartupItems

make web2py in this folder

create StartupParameters.plist with something like:

{
  Description      = "web2py";
  Provides         = ("web2py");
  Requires         = ("Disks", "Resolver");
  OrderPreference  = "Last";
  Messages         =
   {
      start = "Starting web2py custom";
      stop  = "Stopping web2py custom";
      restart  = "Restarting web2py custom";
   };
}

create web2py and put this in it

#!/bin/sh

##
# web2py service
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
  /usr/bin/python /path/to/web2py/web2py.py -M -a \<recycle\> -p 8080 &
}

StopService ()
{
  /usr/bin/killall python  # or something like this or some other way
to stop web2py.py
}

RestartService ()
{
 StopService;
 StartService;
}

RunService "$1"

Then it should start at reboot or do:

SystemStarter start web2py

or to stop

SystemStarter stop web2py

or you can configure apache to use wsgi

the latter would be better for higher usage situations.....

-wes