Mr. Freeze's code says ...

    q = request.vars.q
    f = request.vars.field
    t = request.vars.table
    rows = db(db[t][f].like(q+"%")).select(db[t]
[f],distinct=True,orderby=db[t][f])

The problem is this works with sqlite but not with postgresql. Yarko,
I'd read the postgreql doc before and not sure it sheds any additional
light on the matter, or does it? Maybe I'm not understanding it. But
it seems "like" is supported. So the question is why isn't it working
with web2py? I don't see anything wrong with Freeze's code.