OMG, if this is what I think it is, this is awesome. I have been
telling all my doctor and government friends that the Obama admin is
making a mistake in spending $B to subsidize EMR since, with web2py, I
think EMR can be practically for free. Privacy becomes a non-issue
because you can put web2py, the EMR app, and your records on a USB
memory stick and take it off the web entirely if you so desire. But
more importantly, if implemented properly, free EMR puts the patient
in charge of the record. I only casually looked at hl7, but it looks
to me like you have taken the first steps towards making this vision a
reality. HOORAY! For this is what I have been calling the killer app.
And this is why web2py will live on, contrary to what the skeptics
think (like those who suggest that a pycon paper will make a bigger
difference).