Yes I am including the connection string

if request.env.web2py_runtime_gae:
    db = DAL('gae')
    session.connect(request, response, db=db)
else:
    db = DAL('sqlite://storage.sqlite')

because it is working locally with the dev appengine server.
I did notice that it is not creating a session entry on the GAE
web2py_session_myapp table so i'll investigate that route. Why would
it not be able to create a session?

Thanks,

Stephen