In building the edit_area api helper I finally got the ajax to return
data in to the box with the apis to click on.  I'm not trying to build
a sqlite db with some test data.  I put this in 0.py:

db = DAL('sqlite://storage.sqlite')

db.define_table(
    'apis',
    Field('api'),
    Field('info')
    )

and the database is create ok in admin/databases, but when I do any
sort of call with db().select() i'm getting an error and I can't view
tickets without generation an error.  Is admin supposed to be like
this (there is no crud interface like regular apps either) - maybe it
was designed like this for admin.  Is there a problem with accessing
databases from admin?

thx,

-wes