For now look at the following links that may help you:

For an example of {{=LOAD(...)}}

   http://gluonframework.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/web2py-ajax-and-forms/

You can load an action from the same app or other apps.

For ways an app can share data with another app:

  http://www.web2py.com/book/default/section/4/19
  http://www.web2py.com/book/default/section/4/20

Hope this helps.

Massimo