I will add stuff as we get answers and build a little collection of
internationalization stuff in one location. I am trying to work out a way to
deal with the regional/dialect issue as well (fr-fr, fr-ca) etc.

I for one have never messed with routes_in and routes_out but I think Jiri
is right, this is required for google listings and such. I had some issues
with characters with accents in URL's in a previous application, have you
run into any problems with accents? The other issue is that I have never
programmed in Python before but I figure if I have gotten this far and I am
only on page 188 of Learning Python by Mark Lutz's 1100 page 4th Edition,
then I should be OK, it will just take me longer until I get up to speed,
but so far I totally love it. ; )

Cheers,

Chris

Christopher Steel