On Mar 20, 5:01 pm, Mark Breedveld <m.breedv...@solcon.nl> wrote:
> The web2py community is searching help on debian / ubuntu packaging.
> The are concrete plans to deploy web2py as Turnkey Appliance.

Mark,

I'll see what I can do, although it might be not straightforward.
There is no clear separation in web2py between the library code and
the user code.  Take, for example, the admin application: it is
located under the applications directory nearby the user code, but
it's really part of the core, as web2py refuses to start without it.

I would say the first step should be to patch web2py to allow the user
code to be located somewhere else, not in the web2py directory, which
is currently not possible. I'll give it a go, but I'm not very
familiar with web2py internals, so I would appreciate a bit of help
from somebody more experienced. Once this is done, the actual
packaging will be quite simple.

Regards,
Dima.