On Mar 22, 5:33 pm, Kuba Kucharski <kuba.kuchar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two type of "apps":
>
> the core, web2py itself
>
> applications that runs in the web2py environment. Those have to be
> editable. This is a hard case, since web2py is "kind of an OS itself",
> this should be solved with /var.

Kuba, could you clarify please? Why do you think pre-packaged
applications have to be editable?

Debian is not unique in this respect, it is generally not a good idea
to modify applications after they have been deployed.  It makes bug
reporting and investigation much more difficult, it makes the
intrusion detection impossible.. should I continue?

Regards,
Dima.