Is there a way to pass arguments to a field's widget from the
controller?  For example:

db.define_table("food", Field("name", "string'"))

db.define_table("units",
   Field("food_id", db.food),
   Field("name", "string")
)

db.define_table("ate",
   Field("food_id", db.food),
   Field("quantity", "double"),
   Field("units", "string", widget=units_widget),
)

In an update form for "ate", I would like to create a dropdown box of
units that are associated with a given food_id.  I realize could not
be set in the db.py since the food id would be unknown in that scope,
however the action in the controller would have access to the food id,
but I would like to be able to pass that somehow to the widget.

Thanks,
Avik