The ticket:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/js/web2py/gluon/restricted.py", line 173, in restricted
    exec ccode in environment
  File "/home/js/web2py/applications/sadec/controllers/appadmin.py",
line 418, in <module>
  File "/home/js/web2py/gluon/globals.py", line 96, in <lambda>
    self._caller = lambda f: f()
  File "/home/js/web2py/applications/sadec/controllers/appadmin.py",
line 125, in insert
    if form.accepts(request.vars, session):
  File "/home/js/web2py/gluon/sqlhtml.py", line 946, in accepts
    fields[fieldname] = int(fields[fieldname])
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'National Policy
on Vocational Education and Training'

The model:

db.define_table("policy_documents",
                Field("name"),
                Field("file", "upload"),
                Field("policy_id", db.policies_and_strategies))

db.policy_documents.policy_id.requires = IS_IN_DB(
    db,db.policies_and_strategies.name_of_policy_strategy,
    '%(name_of_policy_strategy)s')

I get a drop-down list (in appadmin) from which I choose but the value
inserted in db.policy_documents.policy_id is not an integer!  Why not?

Regards
Johann

--
       "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
      and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom