On Mar 28, 1:27 pm, "mr.freeze" <nat...@freezable.com> wrote:
> C: Good idea, done.
> Q: Yes. I'll try to figure out a slick way to make the active source
> available at google code without exposing sensitive data.
> General Q: Haven't tried it but this looks
> promising:http://bitbucket.org/mchaput/whoosh/wiki/Home

:-)

You're awesome, Nathan!
I'll check out that link.

Re: figure out:   In PyCOn registration, we put private data in models/
0_private.py --- and I pushed a "template" version of this, where the
settings would fail, i.e.:

DAL_URI='put your db connection string here'

I've just modified how I do that, to be more explicit for ordering of
config - I no longer use "0.py" --- but rather a scheme like this:

0development_config.py

--- for testing, local use;   basically, I (myself) set ONE variable
here:   DEV_TEST  (for development and test);  if this file doesn't
exist (it doesn't for deployment), my next file tests for the var, and
sets it to FALSE if it doesn't exist.   Then, things like CAPTCHA and
email for registration verification can use alternate logic based on
setting of DEV_TEST  (this also makes for pretty readable code).

1private_config.py

That's all the stuff that I would not want to divulge.  Much like
routes_example.py,   I have a '1example_private_config.py'  with all
the strings that will fail if you don't set them for your site - it's
a little bit of a trick to put "example" first in the name (e before
p), but then you can copy this to 1private_config.py (and leave the
example file), and configure your heart away - it will work (because
of loading order); you will figure out to not use the example file in
your deployment.

The only thing I haven't figured out a nicer way of doing (and it
needs to be in private_config) is this at the top of the private file

try: DEV_TEST
except: DEV_TEST=False

It seems to be the only reliable way to do this (oh well - good
enough, with caching).

Then - what used to be 0.py (the config stuff, and app defs to run
first - this is what Massimo likes to call it), I have named as:

2config.py

for no other reason than to control the ordering of this stuff.

Hope that is helpful.

Regards,
- Yarko