On Apr 1, 11:17 am, Thadeus Burgess <thade...@thadeusb.com> wrote:
> Got it. Thanks.
>
> So lets repeat some steps to see how this happened.
>
> Production Database
> -> Open appadmin: Everything OK.
> -> print db(db.category.id > 0).select(orderby=~db.category.id).first()
> category.id -> 4059 # this is the highest category in databases
> category.name -> "sports"
> -> db.export_to_csv_file(open('/tmp/dumps.csv', 'w'))
>
> mv /tmp/dumps.csv -> local://home/dumps.csv
>
> Local Environment
> -> Delete everything under databases.
> -> Refresh appadmin
> -> db.import_from_csv_file(open('/home/dumps.csv', 'r'))

export / import use csv.reader / csv.writer ---

DAL import_from_csv_file calls  Table import_from_csv_file --- you
should look at how these setup, and if that's causing the problem.

The table ID's triy to be re-numbered - it might be that a reference
is being missed (if you have a reference field defined as an integer,
I would suspec that - otherwise, might be a bug in the way the import
happens).

Basically - look at the csv file manually, and then try to find the
reference that is potentially causing you the problem - figure it out,
and fix it (I know that's not helpful in itself, but that's the level
you need to look at, at this point).

- Yarko