I have not written any regular expressions. So far I am just trying to run
the web2py "welcome" app.

The only reg. exp. is what creates the welcome page view.

Thanks.

On 7 Apr 2010 19:29, "Jonathan Lundell" <jlund...@pobox.com> wrote:

On Apr 7, 2010, at 9:55 AM, JC11 wrote:

> I am getting the dreaded error:
>      RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
>
> I am using web2py vsn. 1.76.5, jython version 2.5.1 on Windows XP.
>
> I have altered the web2py 'welcome' application defaault controller
> to: return 'Hello World' rather than return dict(message=T('Hello
> World')).
> This solved the recursion problem, but only if one does not use web2py
> views :(
>
> I tried adding the following to the default controller, but it did not
> help.
>     import sys
>     sys.setrecursionlimit(2500)
>
> Any suggestions ?

What's the regex that's causing the problem?

> On Apr 7, 4:16 pm, Jonathan Lundell <jlund...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 7, 2010, at 7:14 AM, mdipierro wrote:
>>
>>> Some people have reported problems with Jython due to a bug in Java
>>> regex. I tried Jython2.5rc2 and it worked for me. Let us know.
>>
>> One or two of the regex patches a while back (URL checking IIRC) was
aimed at preventing excessive backtracking under Jython. If anyone runs into
that problem again, they should report it. I'm pretty sure I understand how
to avoid at least the problem we had then, by making alternations mutually
exclusive.