On Apr 9, 5:01 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> I tag them 1.XX.YY but I do not put the R in front. I use in fact the
> logs to manually extract important changes and edit the README files
> used to build the changelog above. Not completed automated yet.

hg tags are stored in a file caleed ".hgtags"  --- I do not see this
in the repository, so I do not think you tag the releases.
Tagging will associate with a changeset (which is different than
marking your "VERSIONS" file).

Run the command:   hg help tag
for more info, and see (but the above hg help should suffice):
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Tag

- Yarko