Hi,

I have a few applications that I would like to deploy to single
appengine app (say, example.appspot.com).

I was wondering if I can have the following directory structure:

appengine_proj/
    web2py.zip
    gaehandler.py
    app.yaml
    applications/
        application1
        application2

gaehander.py will add web2py.zip to sys.path  (zipimport).
And, web2py.zip contains essential files (mostly .pyc files)

According to
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/f51d47136e4dd6f7/d7985efeaecbe409
there doesn't seem to be a way to place applications outside web2py/
applications directory.

I just wanted to have my appengine_proj directory structured that way
for cleanness: if I use version control, I would ignore web2py.zip.

Also, since web2py.zip is compressed, appcfg update might take shorter
since file is smaller :P (well, unless appcfg update actually uses
rsync type of method to upload only modified files).

So, if you are deploying to appengine, do you use zipimport at all? Or
do you unzip web2py source and write your applications under web2py/
applications?

Thanks.
Sam